A colorful assortment that includes carrots, turnips, parsnips and rutabaga, these humble workhorses of the kitchen are versatile enough to beef up soups or to stand alone as crave-able side dishes.
How to store
These long-lasting vegetables will go the distance if they’re kept cool and dry. Refrigerate in a sealed plastic bag and use within 2-3 weeks.
How to prep
- Rinse under cool, running water
- Peel and chop or slice, according to directions in recipes
Roast root vegetables for an easy, impressive side dish.
- Place prepped veggies in a roasting pan and drizzle with olive oil
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and roast in a 400-degree oven for 20 minutes
- Shake the pan and test for doneness
- If still firm, continue cooking for 5-10 minutes
Grown in United States or Mexico